Saturday, May 1, 2010

What was just an

ordinary box becomes useful & more meaningful when
given to a special friend. Personalize the box
to your friend's needs. She can put this little box beside
the sewing machine or on the table next to her chair.
I wanted one side to hold a little pair of scissors so I took
a small piece of white aida cloth & sewed on 3 small
green buttons & then glued it to the side of the little box.
Be sure to pouf the aida cloth some before you glue so that
the scissors will fit.
On one side I glued a little magnet to hold needles. Be careful when
you pick up this box it could BITE, if you put a lot of needles on the magnet.
Inside is pincushion that is 2 inches deep. I didnt
glue it anything in. I packed the inside with poly-fil
then cut a piece of fabric, gathered around the edges
& stuffed that. Then I put it on top of the stuffing.
So far it has stayed in place.
This project only took me 5 to 10 minutes to make.
Now, back to working on some cross stitch!
by Hopblogger









No comments: