Sunday, June 13, 2010

June's Purple Butterfly Biscornu

I hope you like them as much as I do. I would like to do a 12
month Butterfly series - but dont know if it will work out.
I guess I can try it. I am not a designer.
Already I have a few designs sitting on my program that look
promising. Dont have the time to
stitch them up to see if they work properly. I dont have
anything in purple so I thought this set would be great!
Instead of a button I placed a small purple butterfly in the
center on the front & the back. All of the butterflies
& the crystals are Swarvoski crystals. The butterflies
on the front have 3 small purple hearts on the tops on each side.
This butterfly would look very nice stitched in
pink with red hearts.
I cant take credit for the needlebk because I saw it on a
French blog (just love those french blogs), but it was only 3 pieces.
So simple it was - just my kind of project.
I decided to add a 4th piece to give it more dimension. The purple
needlebook is made from purple fleece & white felt. When you place the needle in it
& your hand rubs against the fleece - it feels so soft.
The matching scissors fob is just 2 pieces. It also has a small purple
butterfly that I tacked onto one edge.
Feel free to change
the colors. I would love to see yours when you finish. Pattern will
be coming soon.
by Hopblogger










No comments: