Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pincushions, Pincushions....

7 of them to be exact is what I made. So easy - no wonder everybody likes to make them.
Hey fellow bloggers - its time to find some interesting objects
to reuse for those cushions. I have had these 2 items for at least 15 years.
The item on the left is a pretty deep purple glass shoe made by
Fenton. I do not know what the item on the right was ever used for.
All I can remember is that I liked its shape. This piece is not marked
& was tarnished very badly. Its an old piece of silverplate & if you
notice the back, you will see 2 dark spots where something used to be.
Whatever it was it was broken off before I got hold of it. These
pics show the pieces empty & after cleaning them - I decided that it
was time to make pincushions out of them. Give them a proper use
around here. Both items are cushioned with velvet to give them an
older look. I am very pleased at how both of them turned out.
by Hopblogger





No comments: